City Services

City Hall serves as the center of operations and information in Union City. Services and information provided at City Hall include:

Animal License

Annual animal licenses are required and may be purchased at City Hall. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required at the time of purchase.

  • Female animal license (not spayed) $2.00
  • Female animal license (spayed) $1.00 (proof required)
  • Male animal license $1.00

Building Permit

Building permits are applied for at City Hall through the Department of Planning and Codes Enforcement. The cost of building permits are $5.00 for the first $1,000 value of improvement and $3.00 for each $1,000 thereafter. These fees are paid at customer service in City Hall

Business License

Office personnel submit Business License Application to the State of Tennessee at a cost of $15.00 per application. Business renewals may also be obtained through City Hall following payments submitted to the State of Tennessee. Contact customer service at City Hall for further information or go to

Cemetery Lots

Burial lots are available at Eastview Cemetery and may be purchased at City Hall.

  • Two (2) grave space $600 per lot
  • Four (4) grave space $1200 per lot
  • Eight (8) grave space $2400

Civic Auditorium Reservations

Reservations and rates for the Civic Auditorium can be obtained by calling the City Clerk at 731.885.1341.

Garbage & Refuse Collection

The City of Union City contracts with a private refuse collection company to provide weekly refuse services for city residents and businesses.

Property Tax

Tax payments are due annually by the last day of February and are accepted in person at City Hall, online or by phone. A one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month interest is assessed on late payments.

Rural Fire Protection

Rural Fire memberships are available to property owners outside the city limits but within the City’s fire district. Applications for service and annual payments of $75.00 may be paid at City Hall. Further information and a map of the City’s rural fire district are available at the City Fire Department website or call the Central Fire Station at 731.885.4851.

Sewer Rates

Sewer charges are based on the amount of water used. Basic monthly residential and commercial sewer rate inside city limit is $7.15 minimum + $2.05 per 1,000 gallons of water metered. Additional sewer rates can be obtained by contacting customer service at City Hall.

Utility Billing

The City of Union City provides water, sewer, and refuse collection. Utility meters are read and bills generated to customers on a monthly basis. Penalty is charged on payments made after the due date.

Vehicle Registration

The cost of Union City annual vehicle registration is included with the Tennessee state renewal and may be purchased at the Obion County Clerk’s Office, 2 Bill Burnett Circle, Union City, TN 38261. Phone 731. 885.3831.

Water and Sewer Tap Fees

Click the button below to find a break down of all Water and Sewer Tap Fees

Water Rates

Basic 5/8” line (3/4” meter) monthly residential and commercial inside the city limits = $7.60 minimum (includes first 2,000 gallons) + $2.30 per 1,000 gallons up to 25,000 + $1.55 per 1,000 26,000 to 999,000.

  • Additional water service rates can be obtained by contacting customer service at City Hall.

Gallons Rate (per thousand galons)
0 to 2,000 $7.60 minimum
3,000 to 25,000 $2.30
26,000 to 999,000 $1.55