The City of Union City provides water, sewer, and refuse collection. Utility meters are read and bills generated to customers on a monthly basis. Penalty is charged on payments made after the due date. Service charges apply to payment arrangements and an additional fee is charged for after hour reconnection due to non-payment.
All requests for city utility services must be made in person at City Hall. The following requirements and conditions must be met before establishing service.
- A picture ID
- Proof of social security number
- Renters must have a copy of the lease agreement
- Property owners must have a copy of the deed
- Any previous delinquent accounts must be satisfied in full
- Residential Renters Water Deposit: $75
- Business Renters Water Deposit: $125 (minimum)
- Homeowners Water Deposit: None
The above conditions are based on uniform policy without exception.