Kelly Edmison, Fire Chief
"The Union City Fire Department maintains an ISO Class 4 supported by two career fire stations providing fire, rescue and emergency medical first responder service to almost 11,000 citizens. The department covers 11 city square miles and provides rural fire protection by subscriptions for a rural area consisting of 110 square miles.
Management is over scene by a Chief and two Staff personnel while suppression is managed on a 24/7/365 basis by three Captains and 24 line firefighters serving the community around the clock, on duty and at your service every second of every day."
For more information on fire prevention, community outreach, helpful links, and much more, visit the Union City, TN Fire Department website.
111 North 5th St.
Union City, TN 38261
Phone / 731.885.4851
Fax / 731.885.3912
Website / www.ucfdtn.com
- Change the batteries in your smoke detector at least twice a year.
- Make it a habit to unplug all counter appliances when not in use.
- Store cigarette lighters and matches out of the reach of children.
- Practice home fire drills.
- Install a carbon monoxide detector, they save lives also.
- Don't use an outdoor gas or charcoal grill indoors.
What To Do in Case Of a Fire
- Get out immediately, you should always plan two ways to exit each room of your home.
- Designate a place outside your home for all family members to meet.
- Don't worry about how you are clothed, or take time to retrieve your valuables.
- The only important thing is life safety for you and your family.
- When leaving the building stay low to avoid heat and smoke.
- Call 911 to report the fire and give them as much information as you can.
- Once out, stay out, do not go back in for any reason until the fire department says it is safe to do so.
The Union City Fire Department, as first responders, dedicates our efforts to provide for the safety and welfare of the public through preservation of life, health, property, and the environment. The timely and professional delivery of these services enables the UCFD to make significant contributions to the safety of our residents and visitors. We will actively participate in our community, and strive to effectively and efficiently utilize all of the necessary and latest resources at our command to provide a product deemed excellent by our citizens.
Title VI Public Notice: The City of Union City does not discriminate based on race, color, or national origin in federal or state sponsored programs, pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42 U.S.C. 2000d).