City Hall Services 

City Hall serves as the center of operations and information in Union City.

Animal License

Annual animal licenses are required and may be purchased at City Hall. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required at the time of purchase.

  • Female animal license (not spayed) $2.00
  • Female animal license (spayed) $1.00 (proof required)
  • Male animal license $1.00

Building & Inspections Permits

All building & utility inspection permits are applied for at City Hall through the Department of Planning and Codes Enforcement. These fees are paid at customer service in City Hall.

View Permits

Business License

Office personnel submit Business License Application to the State of Tennessee at a cost of $15.00 per application. Business renewals may also be obtained through City Hall following payments submitted to the State of Tennessee. Contact customer service at City Hall for further information or go to

Cemetery Lots

Burial lots are available at Eastview Cemetery and may be purchased at City Hall.

  • Two (2) grave space $600 per lot
  • Four (4) grave space $1200 per lot
  • Eight (8) grave space $2400

    Civic Auditorium Reservations

    Reservations and rates for the Civic Auditorium can be obtained by calling the Board of Education at 731-885-3922.

      Garbage & Refuse Collection

      Annual animal licenses are required and may be purchased at The City of Union City contracts with a private refuse collection company to provide weekly refuse services for city residents and businesses. Click below for rates and additional information.

      View Rates


      Mowing Fees

      • First hour (no minimum) – $150.00
      • Each additional 15 minutes – $50.00

      Peddlers License

      All transient merchants must obtain a permit to operate within the City of Union City. Send all applications to the City Clerk.

      Property Tax

      Tax payments are due annually by the last day of February and are accepted in person at City Hall, online, or by phone. A one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month interest are assessed on late payments.

      View More

      Rural Fire Protection

      Rural Fire memberships are available to property owners outside the city limits but within the City’s fire district. Applications for service and annual payments of $75.00 may be paid at City Hall. Further information and a map of the City’s rural fire district are available at the City Fire Department page or call the Central Fire Station at 731.885.4851.

      Sewer Rates

      Sewer charges are based on the amount of water used. The basic monthly residential and commercial sewer rate inside the city limit is $7.15 minimum + $2.05 per 1,000 gallons of water metered. Additional sewer rates can be obtained by contacting customer service at City Hall.

      Utility Billing

      The City of Union City provides water, sewer, and refuse collection. Utility meters are read and bills generated to customers on a monthly basis. The penalty is charged on payments made after the due date.


      View More

      Vehicle Registration

      The cost of Union City annual vehicle registration is included with the Tennessee state renewal and may be purchased at the Obion County Clerk’s Office:

      2 Bill Burnett Circle,
      Union City, TN 38261.

      Phone: 731.885.3831.

      Water & Sewer Tap Fees

      Click the button below to find a break down of all Water and Sewer Tap Fees

      View Fees

      Water & Sewer Rates

      Click the button below to find a break down of all Water and Sewer Rates

      View Rates

      Our Office

      Get In Touch Anytime!

      Hours of Operation

      Mon – Thu | 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM (CST)

                    Fri | 7:30 AM – 11:00 AM (CST)

      Weekend & Holidays | Closed

      Call Us

      (731) 885-1341

      Visit Us

      408 South Depot Street

      Union City, TN 38261