Property Tax Payments
Tax payments are due annually by the last day of February and are accepted in person at City Hall, online, or by phone. A one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month interest are assessed on late payments.
- Real property is assessed at 25% of the total market value.
- Commercial property is assessed at 40% of the total market value.
- Personal property is assessed at 30% of the total market value.
- The City Tax rate is $2.18 per $100 of assessed value.
- Obion County tax rate inside the City limit is $1.60 per $100 of assessed value.
- Obion County tax rate outside the City limit is $1.90 per $100 of assessed value.
How to Calculate your Tax Bill
Start with your property market value
Calculate assessed value
Divide by $100
Multiply by tax rate
Round to the nearest whole number